The MOV's ONLY Weekly Service for Atheists, Humanists, and Non-Believers.
Upcoming Discussion Topics:
- September 22, 2019 - Reproductive Rights and Justice - Peshka Calloway, from Parkersburg, West Virginia is a U.S. Army Veteran, a single mother. She takes pride in being an Affrilachian and has centered her work around long-term power building in the state.
Peshka has become a rockstar advocate for Planned Parenthood. During the fight to protect access to care at Planned Parenthood and the Affordable Care Act, she traveled to Washington, D.C. multiple times to share her story with her senator, a key vote. She joined the inaugural 2018 National Speaker Bureau, where she helped to build a nationwide community of patient storytellers and organizers to share ideas and support each other’s work on the ground. She shared her story on national TV during an event with progressive elected leaders. She has spoken at press events, before Planned Parenthood staff and partners from across the country, and been featured in TV and online ads.
Now, Peshka is now a co-Director of the only Reproductive Justice organization in the state, Holler Health Justice. Calloway also serves on the Planned Parenthood Votes! South Atlantic Board of Directors.
- October 6, 2019 - Project Blitz and the Plot to Create a Christian Theocracy in the US
- October 20, 2019 - The West Virginia Text Book War
- November 3, 2019 - TBA
- November 17, 2019 - Friendsgiving
- December 1, 2019 - TBA
- December 15, 2019 - Humanlight Celebration
- June 23, 2019: Reproductive Rights and Justice
- June 2, 2019: Building a Community of Non-Believers in the Mid-Ohio Valley - An Open Discussion
- May 19, 2019: Why People Believe Impossible Things - A Scientific Look at Religious Belief
- April 28, 2019: The Black Atheist Experience and Doing Humanistic Work
- April 7, 2019: Catholic Hospitals and Patient's Rights
- March 31, 2019: Climate Solutions: Why a Green New Deal Can’t Wait
- March 23, 2019: We Were Never Alone
Are you a secular person (atheists, Humanists, non-believer, etc.) who misses the feeling of coming together as a community, but needs something rational, secular and inclusive of all?
The MOV Sunday Assembly is right for you.
Created in 2013, Sunday Assemblies can now be found all over the globe.
Visit us in a very laid-back, friendly atmosphere to discuss the things that matter to people like us led by a group of rotating experts. Subjects like:
Let's build our community one meaningful and friend-filled Sunday at a time.
Have a question? Contact us here.
Each First and Third Sunday of the month, excluding holidays, and summer break.
11:30 to 1:00
See our Event Calendar for more details and events.
The Banquet Room of DM’s Pizza Shop
1871 Dupont Road,